There are many different things that you can do to grow closer to Jesus Christ. The areas that I mention below are just a few of a plethora of ideas that each one of us can do. By all means, this is not an exhaustive list.
- Attend a Mass or church service.
- Read the Bible.
- Pray the Rosary.
- Pray the Stations of the Cross.
- Participate in a Bible study.
- Visit DynamicCatholic.com.
- Listen to contemporary Christian music at KLove.com.
- Attend a Christian concert.
- View Pope Francis’ tweets at “Pope Tweets.”
- Meditate in prayer using the “Hallow” app.
- Watch a faith-based program at The Eternal World Television Network (EWTN.com/tv)
- Listen to the “Word on Fire Show” podcast at wordonfireshow.com.
One way that I grow closer to Jesus Christ has been to attend the St. John the Evangelist (SJE) men’s faith-sharing group that meets the first and third Saturdays of each month from 8:30 to 10:00 in the morning. To give you a taste of what this men’s small group is like, please read the following excerpt from my current manuscript I Went on a Retreat 365 Days in a Row! My work is going to be published at the end of 2023 or in the first half of 2024. If you have any questions about this group, please send any of your questions to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“This men’s faith-sharing group is like a natural high for me. It is how I am lifted up in life. I have never taken drugs to make myself feel a certain way to experience pleasure. Jesus Christ, my best friend, is how I get high in life. The more that I read and learn about Jesus Christ, the more that I can hopefully teach others about Him in the hopes that others and I can live our lives the way that Jesus taught us. This is what the St. John’s men’s faith-sharing group is for me. It is a great time for each of the following:
- Fellowship with several of my brothers in Christ.
- Talking about and sharing our faith with each other.
- Discussing how we live our lives according to our faith.
- Reading and discussing Sunday’s Gospel.
- Brainstorming how we can evangelize.
- Conversing about how to be disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Learning as much as possible about our faith.
- Sharing ideas about how to develop a closer relationship with Jesus Christ.
I love this “Holy Spirit Gathering” twice a month! I enjoy all the retreats I have experienced over the past several months, but some of my retreats with the St. John’s men’s faith-sharing group are in the “Top 10” of all the ones I have experienced. If you are not in a faith-sharing group, why not think about joining one? If your church does not have a faith-sharing group, why not start one? Attending the men’s faith-sharing group at St. John’s twice a month is a great way for me to go on a retreat!”