I have been listening to contemporary Christian music for just over twenty years. I listen to this genre of music for the following reasons:
- Deepen my relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Learn more about what Jesus Christ did for me and how important He is in my life.
- Deepen my understanding of Christianity.
- Worship God and give glory to Him.
- Learn more about what is in Scripture and what God is saying to me.
- An opportunity to focus on my faith.
- Take the time to do something which mentally takes me away from everything.
I have many favorite Christian songs. One of my current favorites and one that I have listened to many times over the past several months is called “Perfectly Loved” sung by Rachael Lampa. Rachael has said, “‘Perfectly Loved’ is about how God’s love is so perfect that we don’t have to fight for it, we don’t have to earn it. It is so perfectly and freely given to us no matter how far we run or hide.” I agree with Rachel one hundred percent. No matter what mistakes you have made in life, no matter how many accolades you have achieved, no matter how you may feel about what you are faced with in life, no matter what you have done wrong, no matter how many sins you have committed, God loves you! He loves you no matter what you have done or what you are going through in life. God loves you! His love is unconditional. He loves you for who you are. He loves you because you are you. No matter how far away God may seem to you, He wants to wrap His loving arms around you and tell you that no matter what takes place in your life, He loves you unconditionally. Just like Rachael has said, “God’s love is so perfectly and freely given to us no matter how far we run or hide.” Can I get an “Amen” to that?